Summer berries. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
My daughter loves berries. It doesn’t matter what kind: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, she loved them ALL. Of course, blueberries are her favorite but she doesn’t turn her nose up at any of them. We give her berries every night after dinner as dessert, and sometimes during the day as a snack.
Berries can get expensive! She can eat a lot, so I was buying a lot and relying on Target berry coupons and Cartwheel to get me through and then I heard about the Driscoll’s Berry Community.
You can save money on Driscoll’s berries by doing the following:
1. Go to that link above and sign up and Driscoll’s will e-mail you a 50-cent coupon for your next purchase of Driscoll’s berries. (HINT: You can print it twice.)
2. Take your coupon to your local retailer that sells Driscoll’s berries and use the coupon (and any other discounts) to buy the berries.
3. Take your inexpensive berries home and (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT): turn the package over and take a picture of the label on the bottom with your cell phone. It will look something like this:
Seriously – take the pictures the minute you get home because you’ll forget and throw the package away. This is throwing away money.
4. Once you have scarfed down the berries, go to the Driscoll’s survey site and fill out a survey with regard to the berries. You will need the code on the bottom right of the label to complete the survey. They will ask about size, shape, flavor, texture, etc.
5. Once you complete the survey (should take less than 5 minutes) they will e-mail you another 50-cent off coupon PER PACKAGE (you can print it twice!) to buy more Driscoll’s berries.
After 4 surveys completed your coupon amount will increase to 75-cents off and from the 16th survey on you will get $1 off! I am already in the $1 range.
Does it help? Heck, yeah! This week Publix has raspberries on sale, 3 for $5. Using 3 $1 off coupons I only paid $2 for 3 6-oz packages of raspberries. If they had been on sale at Target I probably could have done even better. Last year I was getting pints of strawberries for pennies each.
There are no affiliate links in this post – I just wanted to share how I save money on fresh berries in my house.
P.S. For every Driscoll’s survey you complete each month you are entered into a drawing for $100!